A hydroponic greenhouse has the technology and systems necessary for the realization of a culture based on the principles of hydroponics, which can be defined as:
Irrigation system by which the root crops are balanced nutrient solution dissolved in water with all the chemicals necessary for the growth of plants, which can be grown directly on the mineral solution, or in a substrate or medium inert.
So we can distinguish different farming systems that exist in hydroponics:
Liquid medium in hydroponic systems:
These systems have not substrates for the development of crops, which occurs directly on the water-bearing systems by various plants as:
- Deep Flow Hydroponics: NGS.
- Floating systems: Floating Shelves.
- Systems by water depth: NFT.
Some systems remain the root of the culture out, in a container that keeps her in the dark, where the nutrient solution in the form of a mist spray is applied.
Systems hydroponic substrate:
In these systems inert substrates irrigated by drip irrigation, subirrigation, or oozing are used for cultivation. The most common substrates are perlite, rockwool, coconut fiber and peat.
- Benches or grooves crops.
- Sack growing.
- Growing in individual containers or channels.
- Surface crop (sanded).
In turn, the hydroponic systems could be classified according to the use of water they have, so we find:
In these systems a recirculation of the nutrient solution takes place. They require a disinfection process for new application recirculated. The disinfection systems are the most common application of sodium hypochlorite, chlorine dioxide or hypochlorous acid, ozone and ultraviolet radiation.
Open systems or loss solution:
These systems discarted drains from the plantation.
Advantages of hydroponic greenhouse:
- Maintain optimum conditions for maximum photosynthetic performance.
- Maximizes energy use from photosynthesis to increase the yield of crops.
- Improved water use.
- More space efficient: The surface requirements are less for the same production than tradutional growing.
- Shortens crop cycles. The plant growth is faster.
- Solve problems caused by soil depletion: Facilitating the use of labor.
- Resolve the problems produced by soil depletion.