Ozone is an allotropic variety of oxygen, O3 your triatomic molecule generated by the activation of the diatomic molecule oxygen O2. This activation may be produced by the action of an electric shock.
Its high oxidizing power has among other properties it is:
- Microbicide and fungicide
It is globally recognized that appropriate applications of ozone destroyed in addition to those, the most energetic and tetanus toxins difterianas. (Also very quickly)
Treatment by ozonization:
Ozone (O3) is produced after the recombination of oxygen atoms dissociated from their original state (O2 molecule) with other oxygen molecules, an unstable gas being obtained in this way that is used for the disinfection of water, air and closed spaces because of its high oxidizing power.
An ozonization installation has the following elements:
- Low speed filtration by means of a sand bed with back-flushing (recommendable, although the ozonization process allows waters to be treated with a small load of organic matter in suspension).
- Feed air filtration (case of using atmospheric air as the oxygen source), atmospheric oxygen concentrator or, failing this, a pure oxygen storage facility.
- Ozone generator, the basis of the production is obtained by means current discharge in a high-voltage reactor, formed by dielectric discharge plates between which the gas flows that provides the oxygen.
- The compact production unit has other systems necessary for the proper operation of the process (dehumidifier, electronic control board, air delivery equipment, cooling system, etc.).
- Dosage, with injectors or blower pumps with baffles.
- Reaction tank.
- Dosage monitoring system, ORP controller, alarms, operating time, etc.